Training - Elements of Effective Practice for Mentoring™ Standard 1: Recruitment
Recruiting mentors is one of the greatest challenges facing mentoring programs. Mentors’ unfulfilled expectations can lead to a premature ending to a mentoring relationship. However, a clear and concise recruitment plan can make a significant difference. This training will equip program coordinators with the skills and resources needed to develop and implement a recruitment plan to sustain programming.
Participants will be able to:
1. Identify strategies that work for recruiting mentors
2. Define the fundamental steps to develop a clear and concise recruitment plan
3. Develop recruitment strategies driven by program goals
• Benchmarks and enhancements for mentor recruitment
• Mentor recruitment strategies & resources
• Developing a sound and sustainable recruitment plan
Target Audience: School, business, community and faith-based mentoring staff members who are responsible for operating mentor programs and/or training mentors.