Mindfulness is the ability to pay attention in a particular, purposeful way - in the present moment with nonjudgement. There are seven foundational attitudes of mindfulness that, when practiced regularly, can strengthen our inner stability in a powerful and calming manner. Think of a storm at sea. On the surface there is turbulence and chaos, but go down 20-30 feet and there is calm. Mindfulness can help you create this sense of calm in the center of yourself, no matter what the chaos is that may be happening around you. Come and explore the simple and profound ways that a mindful approach to work and life can help you strengthen your ability to weather any storm.
1. Learn the 7 Attitudinal Principles of Mindfulness (according to Jon Kabat-Zinn, founder of Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction) and their application in daily life.
2. Develop present moment awareness to strengthen mental focus and decrease multi-tasking.
3. Practice breathing exercises that create both relaxation and increased energy.
4. Understand how to transform "reactive" states of mind and feelings into "responsive" ones.
5. Cultivate positive regard, kindness, empathy and compassion for self and others.
6. Create a mindfulness “plan of action” for implementing in work and life.
Primary audience(s): Mentoring Providers
Secondary audience(s): Any professional providing services to people who are suffering.
Trainer: Alicia Davis