Connecting for Prevention: Preventing Opioid Misuse (Webinar)
Are you unsure of how to start conversations with your teen/young people in your life about prescription drug misuse? This FREE dynamic, community education webinar will help parents and other caring adults to identify signs of prescription drug misuse or abuse, while also teaching them how to start conversations and provide helpful tools and resources for prescription medicine abuse prevention and early intervention with teens..
• Discuss the growing problem of prescription drug abuse in Connecticut
• Outline how best to communicate the facts and risks of prescription drug abuse in addition to tips on safeguarding medicine.
• List useful resources for teens that are misusing or abusing prescription drugs
• Welcome and introductions
• Information on opioids and the current opioid crisis
• How to start the conversation with young people
• Ideas for next steps and resources
• Question and answers
Target Audience: Parents and other caring adults (relatives, coaches, teachers, etc.)